Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goddess in the Flesh and Imbolic / Candlemass

  For the last few months I've been contemplating what it means to be a woman of what I like to call "Goddess Age".  I could have slapped my family MD last winter and my message therapist a few weeks ago when they both referred to me as "middle aged woman".  WTH !  Not for anything but I'm NOT middle aged by a long shot.  I'm old enough to have 2 adult children and been married going on 30 years , but I was a very young bride and mom { late teens for both }. 

  So with all that said let me share what I've been doing for the last 4 months ..... I've been taking Belly Dance classes once a week and hubby & I have recently taken up yoga !  Both are such wonderful experiences and those of you who know me by my real name on FB can account for my weekly blogs about how I gush on & on.  LOL

  Being a Goddess in the Flesh to me means taking up whatever stage of the Goddess {Maiden , Mother , Wise Woman/ Crown } a woman finds herself in and living it as joyfully as possible to the fullest.  

For the first time in my life I feel like I'm within reach of my full potential as a strong , fullfilled woman.  I don't have what our sociaty considers a "perfect size body" ; I'm a curvey /full figured / plus size / real woman with a real womans body.  I am proud to say I have real breasts , hips, and yes a booty too !  

  I also have 30 years of experience under my belt that tells me that although the grass sometimes may look greener { where men are concerned } there's a good reason for that....the other field is full of BS / manurer / or just plain old shit. There's no reason to think someone else will make you happier or be better for you.  No offence meant to any person or their sensabilities, but I speak from the heart and my mind.  I can do so since it's my blog after all.  { Smirking } 

  Yes, that's another thing about being a Goddess in the Flesh , we can take on the attributes of all Goddesses.  Can't see any one Goddess being at perfect peace and without a little dry or dark humor at times.  Even Mother Nature has her own dry sense of humor.....just look at this wonter if you don't believe me.

  I will blog on & off about my own Goddess in the Flesh self experiences from time to time. 

  One other thing I want to share is my personal experience with another younger woman who seems to be in competition { her own making , not mine } with me over some simple things.  I wasn't for sure I was getting the right vibes so I asked my hubsband what he was seeing & hearing and he confirmed it.  Why would a younger woman feel the need to compete with an older woman in any way ?   I don't view her or any woman as competition.  I simply don't compete with any woman .... it's one of those leassons I learned years ago ; "Be the best woman I can be and let God & Goddess deal with the rest.".  

  Now about Imbolic / Candlemass.... Has anyone else been "Feeling" a shift or change slowly coming to a head with our upcoming sabot ? 

  I started feeling and seeing small signs about 2 weeks ago.  Simple things really , like thinking about which Goddess I want to honnor on a small alter in my kitchen for the rest of winter.  Heista has always been my kitchen Goddess, but Bridget has come to my mind lately as well.

  Foods that are seasonal appropriate to cook and eat , as well as the color wheel for just about everything from foods to table cloths and napkins to clothes I daily wear.
 
  Imbolic / Candlemass or whichever of the many other names for our next sabot you prefer is mainly a sabot of celebrating the sun's journey through our solar system, or fire, light, etc..   It's not quiet spring when this accures but it's the start of more renewing which is coming. 

  Foods should be yellow, red, orange in color and add a touch of spice or heat if you enjoy the flavors.  Think about what is offered at your farmers market for seasonal foods. 

  I read that white and silver are colors to decorate with ; both do represent Goddesses , but I'm in favor of using them along with yellow, orange, peach, red, and wine colors to add the spice or heat of life to the atmosphere. 

  I'm thinking of spicing up my alter with these and some spices and herbs to thank God & Goddess for their winter blessings and ask for an abundance of prosperity and protection for family & I for the rest of the season and into spring.

 Candles are a must and their colors and smells must compliment each other as well.  Nothing that is sweet smelling no matter the color of the candle.  Spicey and Homey is the key in my house this Imblic.

  Blessings to All until next time,
  Topaz the Domestic Rambling Witch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment